about me

My photo
I am a very proud wife of a wonderful husband who serves our country as a Marine and a busy mommy of three beautiful children. Kurt and I have been happily married since 2004. January 10' we welcomed our adorable twins Katelyn and Joshua into our family.Recently on New Years Eve10' we again expanded the family and welcomed our gorgeous baby girl Charlotte. And yes you read that right, three babies all in one year which equals a very busy mommy!! I have my hands full but would not change it for the world. Our house is full of love, laughter and happiness. I am loving my life as a new mommy and wife.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The twins are here!!!



Well they decided they wanted to come a little bit early! Katelyn Joy Diaz and Joshua Alan Diaz were born on January 4th, 2010 at 1:40pm and 1:41pm. And if you are wondering Katelyn won......... she is a whole minuet older then Josh, I have a strange feeling she is going to like to remind her brother of that a lot as they grow up. They were born at 35 weeks and 2 days by emergency c-section at Mission Hospital, cute because Kurt and I were both born there twenty five years ago :) So it ended up the whole day was a miracle really. It just so happened I went in for my regular appointment that morning, when I was hooked up to the monitors little Josh was not moving at all, in fact he had shut his whole body down except for a heartbeat. Around 1:00 pm my doctor told me at the office that he wanted to do a c-section right away and forty minuets later I was in the operating room and the were born. Both can out screaming and crying even Josh. All the doctors couldn't believe he was ok. Both babies were sent up to the NICU right away where Katelyn spent a week and we are still anxiously awaiting Joshua to come home. He had a bit of a harder start, so they want to watch him more carefully but in light of what he went through in the beginning he is doing amazing! The doctors have told me we will never know what happened to Josh, he was somehow cut off from the placenta. But everyday when I go down to the hospital to visit him I have a doctor or nurse tell me what a miracle baby he is, he was the talk of the hospital that week my doctor told me. They say that if my appointment had been a hour later, Josh most likely would not be here today. God was watching over us that morning. They both are such blessing to Kurt and I. Katelyn couldn't be more beautiful and she has the most adorable personality, we can just sit and stare at all her different expressions all day long. She already has a bit of a feisty personality which I absolutely love in my daughter, she knows exactly what she wants and no other way will do. So as you can see Kurt and I couldn't be more in love with our twins. We have spent some long sleepless nights in the hospital visiting Josh or up feeding Katelyn but I can't think of anywhere else I rather be then with my babies. It's been three weeks already and it has gone by in the blink of an eye. I am just trying to enjoy every second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment